Latest News (10th of June 2019):
V1.7 Update (currently in the Apple review process, should be available by June 20th):
- Video recording is back.
- Added a 'movie-clapper' for external sound recording sync.
- Added a confirmation dialogue for recording.
Next scheduled update:
- Downloadable live mode example project for Unity..
Face cap is a facial motion capture solution for iPhone's and iPad pro's that have the true depth front facing camera.
It records & exports the users facial expressions to be used in games, animation, vfx etc.
- Records head position & rotation data.
- Records +/- 50 blendshape parameters.
- Records eye motion.
- Records microphone input in sync.
- Exports a generic mesh, blendshapes and animation as Ascii-fbx.
- Native IOS file management and sharing.
- New 'Live mode' added. Send parameter data using OSC.
- iPhone's fromt the iPhone X series, and late 2018 iPad pro's.
- Application ported to iOS native Swift4.
- Improved file management.
- Live mode network streaming via OSC.
- Application updated to work with iOS compatible.
- In app filtering/smoothing of captured data.
- Optional recording of the front camera video feed for reference (Currently black & white with separate audio file).
- Hierarchy of exported Fbx updated for better compatibility.
- Locking the face in place.
- Video Tutorial 1: A closer look at the exported data.
- Video Tutorial 2: Transferring the captured data.
- Configurable port for live mode.
- Example Unity project.
- Small UI tweaks.
- New solution for video recording.
- For best results place the iPhone X down or hold it still during recording.
- Don't move too close or too far from the 3D camera it's range is limited.
- Don't look too far up, down or sideways.
- For longer recordings (3 minutes+) the exported files might get too big to transfer via email. Consider using dropbox or another sharing solution if you plan to record longer sessions.
- Please use the app in a well lit room for best results.
- Don't obscure the face, put long hair up in a pony tail, don't put hands or other objects between the face and the 3D camera.
- Post process your recording by filtering out noise/jitter/glitches.
Recording quality reference video:
A closer look at the exported data video:
Transferring the captured data to different characters video:
Support this project by donating Nano:
Support this project by donating Bitcoin: